Sunday, May 11, 2014

The Sixth Love Language: How We Share Love by Sharing Food

I would love your input, insight, stories, thoughts! I'm compiling a collection of stories and recipes that may eventually become a little book. I'm still messing around with the title. Something like: The Sixth Love Language: How We Share Love by Sharing Food (or something like that!). I'd like stories & recipes of comforting times where food has positively affected your life and/or the lives of the ones you love. For example: when someone has a baby, we show up with food. If someone passes away, we show up with food. If we're getting together for a celebration (holiday, wedding, graduation, etc.) it always involves food! In so many ways, we speak love with food! I've been tossing this idea around for years after I heard a story about a woman who's grandmother had moved here from 'the old country' and couldn't speak a word of English. She couldn't communicate with words with her grand kids, but she would always make them something special to eat. She communicated (and showed love) through the food she shared. I'm sure we could come up with hundreds of similar examples. Special events in your lives, something that happened that made a difference in some positive way. The stories will be compiled in a similar fashion as one of the Chicken Soup for the Soul books (no pun intended, it's just that type of book). It will be positive and uplifting, maybe a few tears here and there but in a good way. Does anyone have any stories they'd be willing to share? You could email them to me if you don't want to share them on this message thread (or if they're too long!) I'd also love to have any recipes that go along with the stories. Thanks, Julie L. Spencer

I can be reached by email at juliespencer1998@gmail.com

If you're not familiar with The Five Love Languages by Gary D. Chapman, check out this amazing book!



Also, check out Chicken Soup of the Soul by Jack Canfield and Mark Victor Hansen



I recently lost 42 pounds on the Take Shape for Life program! Want to check out my weight loss transition? Click here! -Julie L. Spencer

No comments: