Saturday, June 21, 2014

Book Review of Ribbon of Darkness by Julie Coulter Bellon



Julie continues to take me on adventures to far-off lands where I’ve never been and will probably never go! Every one of her books whisks me away to some dangerous and exotic location to help save the world! Ribbon of Darkness was a nail-biter from start to finish. It never let up from the tension and danger that surrounds the two main characters, Ethan and Kennedy. The story never really let on what Ethan’s real ‘job’ was, nor did it explain his complicated past and how he got to this odd stage in his life where he ignores the advice of the man who seems to be his boss and walks straight into danger in a third-world country in order to avenge his father’s death. Maybe I need to re-read the first couple of chapters in order to more fully understand him. That happens to me sometimes; I get so caught up in the story that I miss certain important tidbits of character development. Luckily, this book was good enough that I would be willing to read it again just because I liked it so well. Kennedy was developed much more clearly in my opinion and Julie explained quite well why Kennedy feels compelled to live amongst refugees in Afghanistan to share their story with the world. She’s a strong, stubborn woman who won’t allow men to see her vulnerability even when her situation seems hopeless. The story is a bit predictable, but most stories are. It takes a really big plot twist to throw me off. I love Julie’s writing style and her ability to draw me in to a story in such a way that I want to rush home from work to read some more. Have you read Ribbon of Darkness by Julie Coulter Bellon? What’s your opinion? –Julie Spencer

Other books by Julie Coulter Bellon:



Read my book review of Pocket Full of Posies by Julie Coulter Bellon here!



Read my book review of All Fall Down by Julie Coulter Bellon here!



















I recently lost 42 pounds on the Take Shape for Life program! Want to check out my weight loss transition? Click here! -Julie L. Spencer

No comments: