Sunday, August 10, 2014

Book Review of Ring Around the Rosie by Julie Coulter Bellon



I just finished reading Ring Around the Rosie by Julie Coulter Bellon. I love Julie’s writing style and how she weaves the story around the character’s relationships rather than telling a story that happens to contain people. The story is about the people. This is the fourth book in the Hostage Negotiation Series and each book takes a different member of the hostage negotiation team and highlights that person’s story. She also does a nice job of drawing in some of the characters from her other books, although I would have liked to have even more details about those other characters. They felt a little tertiary and it would have been nice to get to know them a little better and draw in more details about what happened in past books. I grew to love the characters in the other books and would like to see more of them. It was good to see some romance! It’s one of the things I like about Julie’s stories; they incorporate just enough romance to make it interesting, but not so much that you feel like you’re reading a romance novel. This one also contained a good deal of suspense, although the whole first half of the book all took place in one room. It got a little slow for a few pages. The second half of the book definitely picked up the pace, maybe even too much in some parts. Some things almost felt rushed and hurried from one scene to the next. It made me want it to slow back down a little so I could know more about what was happening all around the characters. All in all, I love all of Julie’s books and they never disappoint. Definitely recommend this one! Have you read Ring Around the Rosie by Julie Coulter Bellon? What's your opinion? –Julie L. Spencer

Read the whole Hostage Negotiation Series Here:





Read my Book Review of All Fall Down here!





Read my Book Review of Pocket Full of Posies here!

Other Books by Julie Coulter Bellon:



Read my Book Review of Ribbon of Darkness here!











I recently lost 42 pounds on the Take Shape for Life program! Want to check out my weight loss transition? Click here! -Julie L. Spencer

No comments: