Saturday, July 15, 2017

Don't Ask Me; I'm Not Google

One of my new mantras: Do not ask me a question to which you have already decided the answer!

It interrupts my train of thought (frustrating for someone already plagued with bipolar disorder - squirrel!), and annoys 'you' when I offer my opinion if it's different from what you have already decided.

Just make a choice. If you really want my validation, say: "Hey, Julie, sorry to interrupt, I've decided to do (insert whatever it is you've already decided). Do you see any problems with doing 'it' that way?"

and I'll either point out the obvious problem that you can't see because you're too close to the situation, or offer you validation by saying "Great idea!"

Then you can go back to doing whatever it was you were going to do anyway, and I can attempt to figure out what I was trying to do when I was so rudely interrupted...


Oh, what a cute video of a squirrel. I should research how to bring more squirrels up to our bird feeder. "Okay, Google..."

No comments: