Saturday, July 15, 2017

What Is Buxton Peak: London Bridges?

In researching ‘the’ London Bridge, I’ve now taken my Buxton Peak: London Bridges manuscript (that was about 1/3 written) and mapped out most of the story, even named a bunch of chapters.

I’m surprised how many of the chapters feature the underlying theme of ‘going home’.

Writing a book is fun. I know what’s going to happen, I know in what order it’s all going to happen, and I know where it starts and where it finishes. It’s all the in-between writing that takes time. There are so many scenes that exist only in my head.

This section of the Buxton Peak saga is quite literally a bridge between Book Two and Book Three of the trilogy. It takes place in London, where most of the rest of the series takes place in the U.S.A. It features the time period when Gary and Andy were away from the band and Kai and Ian are in Michigan. It ends in Nashville when Andy calls Ian to tell him ‘the news’.

If you’ve read Buxton Peak Book Two: Center Stage, you know the interesting twist that occurs at the end of the book when Andy calls Ian, and all their lives shift gears. I can’t wait to share this story with the world! 

Have you read the Buxton Peak series? What's your opinion? -Julie L. Spencer




No comments: