Tuesday, May 31, 2011

San Francisco Law Banning Circumcision

I have a lot of really awesome friends who claim to be Democrats. So, help me out with this guys, because I can’t wrap my head around it. The people in San Francisco are trying to pass a law to ban circumcision. These are the same Liberals who claim the right to have Pro-choice laws allowing women to kill their babies in their wombs. You can’t have it both ways. Do we have the choice to kill our babies, but not have the choice to circumcise our baby boys?

So, my question to you is: Why are you a Democrat? I’d dead serious. What are the reasons you support and vote for Democrat politicians? I know there is a difference between a Democrat and a Liberal. If you group all Liberal causes into one giant tent of “Democrat”, how can you justify the double standards and juxtaposition of opposites? I’m not being facetious; I’m really trying to understand this. Here are some of the things I’m hung up on:

Women’s Rights/Homosexual Rights/Muslin Rights/Jewish Rights: Wow, where do I start? Is it okay with the women’s rights activists that the Muslims treat their women like dirt? Is it okay to the homosexuals that Muslims kill homosexuals? Is it okay with the Jews that the Muslims want to wipe them off the map? Is it okay with the Jews that the politicians in San Francisco want to ban a religious practice that goes back to the Old Testament? They’re all Liberal causes…yet they all contradict one another! I don’t get it!

Separation of Church and State: In some parts of the country, the courts are allowing Muslims to practice Sharia Law, but won’t allow a young child to bow his head and silently say a prayer over his school lunch. There is also a section in the new ObamaCare health care law allowing Muslims to claim an exemption from all regulations within the law based on religious freedom.

Health Care in America: Okay, this one deserves a whole blog post in and of itself. Sticking with the topic of exemptions from regulations, this CBS news story shows how at least 1,000 waivers have been granted to companies and organizations who have claimed that they will not be able to stay in business if they are forced to abide by these regulations! If they can’t afford it, how are we supposed to? I’m not going to even think further about all the atrocities that this law is bringing upon our country. My ranting and frustrations will go on for several pages.

Taxes or Salary Cuts: The Democrats in Congress (and in the Obama Administration) are quick to try to raise taxes in the name of raising “revenue” but go crazy with anger if any union-run company/organization/public administration jobs need to make any cuts. Recently in Michigan (where I live), the congress and Snyder Administration have passed laws that will cut government salaries by 5%. Okay, so here’s my confusion: If I make $50,000 and my current tax rate is raised by 5%, I will pay an additional $2,500. If I make that same $50,000 and the company/organization/government I work for lowers my salary by 5%, my salary goes down by $2,500. Either way, the amount of money that comes into my home is reduced by $2,500. How is that any different? Any time the government wants to raise our taxes, they threaten to lay off police/fire fighters/prison guards/teachers which causes the people to jump up and say “No, no! Please don’t take away our essential services! Raise our taxes instead!” The government officials never consider cutting “non-essential” programs to balance the budget instead. Don’t get me started on this!

Jobs or Profits: The Administration keeps telling companies to “start hiring”, yet they also continue to make the word “profit” a four-letter word. How exactly would you like a company to hire workers if they are not allowed to make a profit? Also, how will the stocks for those companies go up if they are not allowed to make a profit? Also, how can companies stay in business when there are so many regulations that they can’t keep up? Also, the tax laws keep changing, making the owners of companies unsure about the future.

Punish the Rich: Boy am I glad I’m not rich! Then you’d hate me too! Why should a person not be allowed to be rich? If I work hard and create wealth for myself, why should I be punished for working? If Liberals call for welfare reform, does that mean that they want to bring all the rich people down to the level of the money received by those who are on welfare or to give welfare recipients the same amount of money that the rich have? So, then will Liberals hate the welfare recipients after that because now they’re rich? What about taxes? If there are no rich people to collect taxes from, where is the government going to get the money to pay for the welfare programs?

Freedom from Foreign Oil: Liberals claim they want freedom from foreign oil, yet won’t let us drill for oil within our own country. They also claim they need “green energy”, but fail to realize that it takes more energy to create bio-fuels than it is saving. Also, they get all upset about birds flying into windmills and dying, but keep preaching that we need more windmills. Which is it? You can’t have it both ways. Also, we’re the only country in the world that is destroying our food and using it to create fuel. Meanwhile they complain that food prices are too high and that we need to be able to feed the world.

Fat Cat CEO’s or Spoiled Politicians: If it’s not okay for CEO’s to live it up with private jets, fancy trips, and lots of golf, why is it okay for politicians to do the same thing. I could go on and on about the politicians, but I want to make two key points. One, the politicians are spending OUR money for private jets, fancy trips, and lots of golf. And two, as of March 2011, Barack Obama has golfed over 6o times. That means that he has spent over two months of his presidency on the golf course!

Limousine Liberals? The Number of Government Owned Limos Has Soared Under Obama

Have I ranted long enough? Please, help me out here. What’s your opinion? -Julie L. Spencer

Books I'm Interested in Right Now:
(Have you read any of these? What's your opinion?)
Known and Unknown by Donald Rumsfeld
Decision Points by George W. Bush
Crimes Against Liberty by David Limbaugh
Why Are Jews Liberals? by Norman Podhoratz
Going Rogue by Sarah Palin

I recently lost 42 pounds on the Take Shape for Life program! Want to check out my weight loss transition? Click here! -Julie L. Spencer

1 comment:

Party of Five said...

This will not answer your questions, because I am NOT liberal, however, I am going to bring in religion to the discussion of Circumcision. Did you know that in the BofM it states that the need for circumcision was fulfilled after Jesus, and went away with the Law of Moses? See these: Book of Mormon and Doctrine & Covenants
D&C 74
Moroni 8:8
3 Nephi 15: 4-5

Not that I support the law in California or anything, I'm just saying.