Saturday, April 7, 2012

Book Review of The Shunning by Beverly Lewis



Just finished reading The Shunning by Beverly Lewis. Anybody read it? It’s the first in the series The Heritage of Lancaster County. I liked it. The first couple of chapters were kind of boring, but I pushed through it because I was intrigued by the mystery. I have to admit that she surprised me with the answer. But a lot of it was pretty predictable. In fact, there was one little tidbit that I guessed very close to the beginning of the book which turned out to be true! I’m pretty good at predicting the ends of movies and books, so I’m always impressed with a story that can surprise me. Although this one did not, I was happy that it turned out the way it did, and I’m looking forward to reading the next book in the series, The Confession. Has anyone read The Shunning or The Heritage of Lancaster County series? What’s your opinion? -Julie L. Spencer

The next book in the Heritage of Lancaster series by Beverly Lewis:
The Reckoning (The Heritage of Lancaster County Book Three)

I recently lost 42 pounds on the Take Shape for Life program! Want to check out my weight loss transition? Click here! -Julie L. Spencer

No comments: