Monday, August 22, 2016

Book Review of Chronicles of the Half-Emrys


I had the unique opportunity of reading the prequel to the Chronicles of the Half-Emrys series, which is probably something most people have not done at the time of my writing this.

As a fellow author, I was given the chance to read an advance copy. I loved it and couldn't put it down. I became a Lisa Rector fan immediately. I started interacting with her on social media and asked her a lot of questions about her stories.

When I was done reading the prequel I needed to read the rest of the books, so I bought all three of the main series. I have now finished Book One: Master of Lies and I will be starting into Book Two: The Two Masters later today.

I was confused by some things in Book One and wondered if I would have enjoyed it as much had I not read the prequel. Once the prequel is published, I would strongly encourage people to read that first. It’s really good. I would be curious to talk to other people who have not read the prequel to find out if they understood all the things that were in Book One.

This is not my usual genre. I don't normally read fantasy novels and I have never read anything with dragons in it. If I hadn't had the opportunity to read the prequel I may never have read the rest of the series. I'm very glad I did read the books because they're great.

I told Lisa half way through my reading of Book One that these are not so much fantasy novels as they are powerful love stories. The passion between the characters is phenomenal. The passion in the prequel is even better!

I look forward to reading Book Two and I'm sure I'll have much more to say after I'm done.

I highly recommend reading anything by Lisa Rector. I will seek her out in future reading endeavors. Great author, great series.


Have you read Chronicles of the Half-Emrys? What’s your opinion? –Julie L. Spencer

Chronicles of the Half-Emrys Book One: Master of Lies


Chronicles of the Half-Emrys Book Two: The Two Masters


Chronicles of the Half-Emrys Book Three: Master of Time