Sunday, October 2, 2016

Book Review of Called Warrior by EJ McCay


Wow! I ended up loving this story. I was not hooked on Called Warrior by EJ McCay from page one and found it quite strange. I wasn’t sure what to think when the main character, Mackenzie started seeing giant spiders and making a complete fool of herself in front of a group of high school girls, but then the humor started.

I should not have been reading this in a public place because I couldn’t stop laughing and people probably thought I was crazy. There were parts of the book that dragged, but overall it was very well-written.  

There was just enough romance and adventure to make it fun, and enough mystery and intrigue to keep me guessing. It was a little predictable, but most Young Adult novels are.

EJ McCay’s writing style is great and the character development was well-done. I liked the underlying message of hope and good winning over evil.

I loved Called Warrior, and highly recommend it.

Have you read Called Warrior by EJ McCay? What’s your opinion? –Julie L. Spencer


Other books by EJ McCay: