Saturday, November 26, 2016

Book Review of Chronicles of the Half Emrys Book Three: Master of Time by Lisa Rector




In Chronicles of the Half Emrys Book Three: Master of Time, one of my favorite bad-boy characters takes center stage. Meuric makes a mistake that takes him back in time and forces him to align with a sworn enemy. Catrin is livid to be stuck with Meuric and vows to make his life miserable until he returns her to her normal life. What could possibly make things worse? Attraction? A dark force following close at their heels? Realizing they have to rely on one another or be stuck together forever?

I had the unique opportunity of reading the prequel to the Chronicles of the Half-Emrys series, which is probably something most people have not done at the time of my writing this. (Note: since writing this, Chronicles of the Half-Emrys: Fallen Emrys is now available for purchase!)

As a fellow author, I was given the chance to read an advance copy. I loved it and couldn't put it down. I became a Lisa Rector fan immediately. When I was done reading the prequel I needed to read the rest of the books, so I bought all three of the main series. I have now the whole series, Book One: Master of Lies, Book Two: The Two Masters and now Book Three: Master of Time.

This is not my usual genre. I don't normally read fantasy novels and I have never read anything with dragons in it. If I hadn't had the opportunity to read the prequel I may never have stumbled upon the rest of the series. I'm very glad I did read the books because they're great.

I told Lisa half way through my reading of Book One that these are not so much fantasy novels as they are powerful love stories. The passion between the characters is phenomenal. The passion in the prequel is even better! I can’t wait for the world to read it!

I highly recommend reading anything by Lisa Rector. I will seek her out in future reading endeavors. Great author, great series.

Have you read Chroniclesof the Half-Emrys? What’s your opinion? –Julie L. Spencer