Friday, August 4, 2017

Book Review of Author Essential Series by Lisa Shea


As an author, these books are of special interest to me. I'm working my way through them, but not in order so I can't speak for all of them.

My favorite so far has been Book Marketing for Authors! It is so comprehensive.

One thing I really appreciate about Lisa’s books is the insider information, the behind-the-scenes things that are not really in most how-to instructions.

Another thing that is good about this book series is that they are really designed for beginners. If you have never had a social media account, this will help you start from scratch.

This series includes books designed to help us learn social media like Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. I have read some of them and will probably study them further when I get a chance. I’m not sure I’ll ever embrace Instagram, but I try to use Twitter. (Old dog here, new tricks aren’t easy!) I'm an avid Facebook user and love it.

I feel like these books should really be split into three books: one for authors, one for artists, and one from entrepreneurs. There was a lot of focus on art, including some confusing art terms that had little to do with my learning and pulled me from the book. I really don’t remember anything in the books specifically focused toward entrepreneurs.

On the flip side of that, I think there is a lot of redundancy from one book to another. Things like hashtags, choosing the right photos, creating posts, gaining followers, and handling notifications. If she could combine all the social media accounts into one book, that would be ideal.  


Here are the books in the Author Essential Series by Lisa Shea:




























No comments: