Saturday, November 17, 2012

Movie Review of Breaking Dawn Part Two

I went to see the movie of The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part Two on opening night and it is fabulous! That is to say it is by far the best movie of the series, but it is possibly the best movie I’ve ever seen! I thought I’d never love a movie as much as The Notebook, but Breaking Dawn Part Two blows that out of the water!

The special effects were perfect! They weren’t overdone and things really looked realistic. I was impressed.

The fight scenes were intense and even my son and his friend were on the edge of their seats.

The love scenes were tastefully done and left plenty to the imagination. They were not overdone the way some movies are.

Pretty much all of the new vampires were well-cast and I particularly loved Garret and Benjamin, and the Amazons! I have some previous blog posts that share more information about those characters that I’ll link to below.

One thing that took me by surprise was how much I laughed! There were so many one-liners that weren't necessarily in the book! The same information was portrayed; in fact, the movie followed the book quite well. It was just done in a way that brought humor in.

Then I cried…and cried out along with the rest of the theater patrons…when some of our favorite characters were…hurt. I can’t even tell you how many times the whole lot of us yelled at the screen “Noooo!!! They can’t doooo that!!!” and cried…and cried. We cheered for the good guys, and sometimes the bad guys, and sometimes it was hard to remember who the good guys were and who the bad guys were.

And the final scene of the movie, oh, wow, there are no words. Even if you don’t like Twilight…this is a must see!

Now I need the soundtrack!



Here are some of my blog posts about the new vampires!

Exploring the Egyptian Coven

The Romanians

Alaskan Coven (the Denali Sisters, Carmen & Eleazar, and Garrett)

All about the Volturi Guard!

Journey to Ireland!

If you’ve never read the Twilight series, check out these other Twilight books, music, and movies:

Twilight
The Twilight Saga: New Moon
The Twilight Saga: Eclipse
The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn
The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner
The Twilight Saga Complete Collection
The Twilight Saga: The Official Illustrated Guide
Twilight: The Official Illustrated Movie Companion
The Twilight Saga: New Moon: The Official Illustrated Movie Companion
The Twilight Saga: Eclipse: The Official Illustrated Movie Companion
Twilight Soundtrack
Twilight: the Score
New Moon Soundtrack
New Moon: the Score
Eclipse Soundtrack
Eclipse: the Score
Twilight DVD
The Twilight Saga: New Moon DVD
The Twilight Saga: Eclipse

I recently lost 42 pounds on the Take Shape for Life program! Want to check out my weight loss transition? Click here! -Julie L. Spencer

No comments: