Saturday, November 17, 2012

Movie Review of The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn, Part One

It is the wee hours of the morning as I write to share my opinions and a movie review of The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn, Part One based on the bestselling novel Breaking Dawn by Stephanie Meyer. A group of my friends, along with several thousand of my fellow Twi-hards, have stayed up late to watch the Midnight premier of this much anticipated movie event.

It's the final book of the Twilight series and they've broken the book into two movies. In this first movie Bella officially marries her Edward. They honeymoon on Esme's Island and it is paradise. I have envisioned what this island would look like in my mind for so long, and they painted my picture perfectly! I think someone should use that island and put a nice bed & breakfast there and rent it out as a vacation package! It's amazing! I hated Bella's white bathing suit though, ugh! Also, Edward didn't seem to sparkle at all the whole time they were on the island. Aren't vampires supposed to sparkle in the sun? For the most part, the honeymoon scenes were tastefully done as honeymoon scenes go. Didn't really need to see the bed breaking...but I know there are millions of screaming Twilight fans who disagree with me!

I think Taylor Lautner deserves an Academy Award for his performance when he learns that Bella has 'died' and for the scene where he imprints. It was my favorite part of the movie, by far.

Other thoughts: I wasn't impressed with the casting of the Denali sisters. They didn't fit what my mental picture held, and Bella's wedding dress was way too modern. I thought it was supposed to be from the early 1900's. I liked the lace, but that was about it. I loved seeing Stephanie Meyer smile at Bella as she walked down the isle! That was priceless. I didn't like all the references to drinking. That was not in the book, and I don't think it was what Stephanie would have wanted. I don't know...maybe that's just my prudish ways!

I can’t believe we have to wait until next year to see Part Two! If it’s as good as Part One, it’s going to be amazing! What's your opinion?

I look forward to the release of The Twilight Saga Breaking Dawn Part One: The Official Illustrated Movie Companion coming on December 13th, 2011. It can be pre-ordered here on Amazon!


If you’ve never read the Twilight series, check out these other Twilight books, music, and movies:

Twilight
The Twilight Saga: New Moon
The Twilight Saga: Eclipse
The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn
The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner
The Twilight Saga Complete Collection
The Twilight Saga: The Official Illustrated Guide
Twilight: The Official Illustrated Movie Companion
The Twilight Saga: New Moon: The Official Illustrated Movie Companion
The Twilight Saga: Eclipse: The Official Illustrated Movie Companion
Twilight Soundtrack
Twilight: the Score
New Moon Soundtrack
New Moon: the Score
Eclipse Soundtrack
Eclipse: the Score
Twilight DVD
The Twilight Saga: New Moon DVD
The Twilight Saga: Eclipse

I recently lost 42 pounds on the Take Shape for Life program! Want to check out my weight loss transition? Click here! -Julie L. Spencer

No comments: