Wednesday, May 28, 2014

God Speaks to Us through Others!

My friend Shawn shared this story today and I just had to pass it along!

Just yesterday, I had an old woman, probably around 85 or so, grab my arm and said she wanted to tell me of an experience. I didn't know this woman at all and she didn't know me. But she told me about two years ago, she was living in Joplin, Missouri. She was woken up suddenly at 6:00 a.m. one morning and felt a strong impression that she should call each of her children and tell them to have a priesthood blessing on each of their homes. She said just a few days later a massive tornado came through and destroyed the entire town, but each of her children's homes were completely unharmed in the midst of all the destruction. Then she said that God speaks to people. That time it was very loud, but normally, it's very soft. She said He speaks to us everyday if we can listen. Then she asked me to share that story with someone else too because we all need to know He is there and He is speaking.

This experience couldn't have happened at a better time for me and I am so grateful for her willingness to share this experience, because it's what I needed to hear. So, I hope it also helps someone who reads this post, to know that God does speak. He hears and answers our prayers even when we feel all hope is lost. We only need to believe, listen, and obey. -Shawn Carl Watkins, 28 May 2014

Doesn't that just give you chills?? What's your opinion? -Julie L. Spencer

I recently lost 42 pounds on the Take Shape for Life program! Want to check out my weight loss transition? Click here! -Julie L. Spencer

No comments: