Sunday, March 19, 2017

Book Review of Falling for the Beast by Victorine Lieske


I was hooked on Falling for the Beast by Victorine Lieske from page one and couldn’t put it down. The storyline is like the classic fairytale of Beauty and the Beast but with a contemporary twist. The main character, Arabelle is just trying to make ends meet after losing her father, and hopes to finish college.

But, the only job available is cooking and cleaning for a grumpy old man. The problem was, he wasn’t as old as she thought he was. He was just mean and beastly and angry and there was something very odd about him. Thankfully, she is able to break through his walls and help him through some tough times. Like in any Romance story, inevitably Arabelle finds that she is able to love him through his faults.

Victorine’s writing style is great and the character development was well-done. Victorine is one of my favorite authors.

I loved Falling for the Beast by Victorine Lieske, and highly recommend it.

There are several things by which I evaluate a book.

1) Is it well written? Yes, Falling for the Beast was well-written

2) Does it deliver what it promises? Yes, it was a sweet clean romance based on a fairy tale.

3) Is it the kind of book that captures my attention and I ‘can’t put it down’? Yes, it captured my attention and I read it very quickly.

4) Is the story predictable and clichĂ©? If a writer can shock me or have a twist that I didn’t see coming, that deserves super high marks. Falling for the Beast was predictable but because it was based on a well-known fairy tale, I didn’t mark the story down for that. Rather I give it high marks for staying true to the fairy tale.

Have you read Falling for the Beast by Victorine Lieske? What’s your opinion? –Julie L. Spencer

Other Books by Victorine Lieske:









There are many more books by Victorine Lieske, but this blog post is already too long! Enjoy!

No comments: